Saturday, November 15, 2014

Shots hurt like a mo fo when you're 2 months old

Saturday, November 15, 2014
Sweets got her two month immunizations yesterday. She was not happy about it. 

After hearing the little girl in the room next door to us scream bloody murder and climb the walls (literally), Sweets' face filled with fear. Her baby giggles turned to wimpers of fear. Her bottom lip fell to a frown. She was looking at me like "mom, what's happening?" My heart sank. I started singing her comfort song "You are my sunshine." Her wimpers subsided. She hugged me tightly. Damn you kid next door. 

Then it was Sweets' turn. She was pissed when the first shot stuck into her little thigh. Then hysterical crying began. At times she held her breath between cries. Almost turning blue. The nurse had two more shots to go on the other leg. Ugh. I wanted to take the shots for my girl. My body got warm and tense while I kept touching Sweets' face and singing. Mommy was trying to hold it together. I felt so bad. 

After we got home she took a nap, had a slight fever fit then some infant Tylenol ... she was back to herself at four this morning. I'm relieved. My poor Sweets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SAGE LANE © 2014